Monday, February 15, 2010

An alternate side snap design

After various forms of feedback, I decided to bite the bullet and create an alternate design for my side snaps. While I am not entirely dismissing my original design (after all, it does work and is great for night nappies!) I have created a OSFM side snap design, with an adjustable rise and thinner wings with 2 rows of snaps as opposed to three. I have also designed it with a thinner crotch and thinner, ever so slightly contoured booster - currently made of 2 layers of microfibre sandwiched between 2 layers of hemp and topped with bamboo fleece (or velour!!), making it a five layer absorbent booster, which can be folded under on the smaller rise settings.

So what does this all look like?

Like this ....

Front view Full rise
Front view Smallest rise
Adjustable rise snap settings
Thinner wings with two rows of snaps - 5 on top and 4 on the bottom


Slightly contoured booster

Sizing for this new design is as follows:
* Rise approximately 36cm - 45cm

* Leg opening - 24cm unstretched on smallest snap setting to 49cm fully stretched on largest snap setting
* Waist - 36cm unstretched on smallest snap setting to 66cm fully stretched on largest snap setting
* Crotch width of 12cm
* Booster width of approximately 9-10cm


And now, this is what it looks like on my 12.5kg, 85cm tall, 18 month old ...

Full rise view



Rise on first snap setting view




We have 2 snaps left over at the top of the wing and one at the bottom.

To differentiate, I'm thinking of calling the OSFM design the Ticklefish Snaprise ~~ a play on words (think "snap surprise"!!) And I'm still tossing up on the contour ... perhaps I may just leave it a thinner width booster ....


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it and I want one. Scrap that, I NEED one.
    Seven NEEDS one.
    Get It? Got it? Good.


    :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe then Seven and Vevo will have matching butts!! lol!

    ReplyDelete